- Never apply essential oils undiluted to the skin.
- It is always wise to do a skin patch test for any essential oil product; to avoid allergic reactions or sensitivities.
- Do not ingest essential oils unless you are working with a qualified aromatherapist or health practitioner.
- Keep essential oil away from children and pets.
- Read contraindications of all essential oils, educate yourself about each essential oil before using. (Especially if you suffer from high blood pressure, seizures, or have serious medical conditions)
- Pregnant - Breastfeeding - Trying to become pregnant - use with caution.
- Use concentration less than 2% with children, pregnancy, or elderly people.
- Avoid sun when using Angelica Root and all Citrus oils as they are photosensitizing.
- If irritation to any essential oil occurs - discontinue use.
- Avoid contact with eyes, if essential oils get into the eyes, use a cloth with a carrier oil (ie. olive oil, sunflower oil, jojoba) and gently dab the area or wash with cool water.
- Essential oils should be stored away from heat or light.
- Essential oils run the risk adulteration and low quality. Know your essential oil sources, to guarantee quality, sustainability, and therapeutic value.
This information has been referenced from the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy website.
If you click the links below you will find comprehensive outlines for the safety concerns listed above.
*Note: This is not a cure, a diagnostic, or a substitute for serious medical attention. Aromatherapy, herbs, flower essences and hydrosols are an alternative modality to many forms of healing. Improper dosages, prolonged usage and not adhering to proper safety data can lead to harmful effects when using essential oils, essential oil blends or herbal remedies. Check for any contraindications before using.